Champagne is about 100 miles east of Paris and is best known for producing sparkling white wine.The viticultural boundaries span 70,000 acres, and are split into five wine producing areas; the Aube, Cote des Blancs, Cote de Sezanne, Montagne de Reims, and Vallee de la Marne.
The key planning questions for your trip to the Champagne region.
1. Where do you want to start and end the day?
2. How long do you want to tour for?
3. How do you want to split the day between Houses, vineyards, and historic sites?
4. If staying overnight, where is the best place to stay?
5. Do you want to combine your trip with vineyard visits in Burgundy, Loire, Alsace or Provence?